WITH GARLIC, GINGER & CHILLI
Trout Fillets with Ginger, Garlic & Chilli
(taken from '50 Classic Trout Recipes' by Jane Bamforth)
Pink trout fillets
cooked with ginger, garlic & chilli make a stunning contrast with
nutty black rice.
2.5cm fresh root ginger, peeled & grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 fresh red chilli, seeded & finely chopped
30ml/2 tbsp soy sauce
2 trout fillets, each abut 200g
oil for greasing
For the rice:
15ml sesame oil
50g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
8 spring onions finely chopped
150g black rice
4 slices fresh root ginger
900ml boiling water
1. Make the rice. Heat the sesame oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms
with half the spring onions for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the rice and sliced ginger to the pan and stir well. Cover with
the boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and
simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain well and
cover to keep warm.
3. While the rice is cooking, preheat the oven. In a small bowl mix
together the grated ginger, garlic, chilli and soy sauce.
4. Place the trout, skin side up, in a lightly oiled shallow baking
dish. Using a sharp knife, make several slits in the skin of the fish,
then spread the ginger paste all over the fillets.
5. Cover the dish tightly with foil and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes
or until the trout fillets are cooked through.
6. Divide the rice between two warmed serving plates. Remove the ginger.
Lay the fish on top and sprinkle over the reserved spring onions to
above is the original recipe.
Two Trout to see our version and how it turned out
when we cooked it as part of '52 Rainbow Trout Recipes in 52 Weeks'.
Full details on www.troutblog.co.uk
For more recipes and information
on British Rainbow Trout see www.britishtrout.co.uk
call 01683 220509 text
Water Foods | Selcoth Farm | Moffat | Dumfriesshire | DG10 9LG
- 01683 220509 - 07968 030043
Moffat Water Foods Ltd is a company registered in England No. 0708330
Registered Office: 4 Quay Walls Berwick Upon Tweed TD15 1HD